Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Two and a half weeks left till I jet off to India. I am really quite nervous, or maybe excited. Or maybe nervously excited?

The first question everyone asks is who I am going with. There is always a subtle but obvious widening of the eyes when I say I am going alone. Who in their right mind would go to India for the first time all alone? And leave husband and cat behind.

I think however, that once I get to Chennai, I should feel fairly settled. I will be at school all day during the week, and after the first week, perhaps I will feel comfortable enough to explore Chennai's temples (to the many and various Hindu deities, and of course to shopping). And hopefully I will have found someone from the school to do this stuff with me!

All that remains in terms of preparation is to get the dreaded travel medicine. I have yet to find an anti-malaria tablet that agrees with me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nadine Fawell said...

Gaaa! Too late with the Malanil - the lady at the travel clinic talked me out of it due to the Exorbitant Cost over two months of use. Sigh.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home